Seven reasons why your personal training business might suck….
1. You epitomize everything that puts the general population off the gym. Your image, how you portray yourself. The same people you’re trying to a appeal too. Don’t believe me, most of you don’t need to look much further than your profile picture.
You give people the wrong first impression.
2. You are more focused on stroking your own ego and getting praised by your peers than helping the demographic you’re ‘apparently’ in this industry to help.
3. You believe you’re ‘entitled’ to success because you’ve got a decent physique yourself or that you’ve got a few thousand people that like to look at your half naked tush on social media.
4. You think that everyone successful in the industry ‘cut a break’, has a ‘magic formula’ and either way did it in about 6 months. It’s the same as physical transformations. You look great after 12 weeks and back to where you started in 24. Business is about the long game.
5. You’re pretending you’re everything but YOU. Worst mistake you’ll ever make. People want to get to know you, like you and trust you.
6. Experience requires time as does knowledge and a whole heap of patience. Most of you aren’t willing to spend even time on your business let alone money. You may not have money right now and use that as an excuse. Money and time are interchangeable as you progress in business and I assure you, you have plenty of time you can find right now.
7. You undervalue yourself as you fear rejection. You play ‘safe’. The industry is full of people masquerading as confident but is actually one of the most insecure industries I’ve ever witnessed.