Seven things to consider before donning some glittery attire and stepping your semi clad body on stages
1. Competing will affect the relationships you have with friends and family. It will challenge, question and in some cases break them. I’m yet to meet anyone that said it enhanced any of the above.
2. Competing will change your relationship with yourself and your perception of what you physically see in front of you. In most cases way beyond the period of competing, in some cases for the rest of your life.
3. Competing will very rarely improve your business unless your business only revolves around other competitors.
4. Competing will change your relationship with food. On the surface this may appear positive but in most cases it will create tangents and extremes that wave way above and way below ‘normal’. In some cases these will develop in binge eating disorders (BED).
5. Competing is expensive. Memberships, entry fees, trunks, bikinis, tanning, supplements, lost work, quality of work. Travel expenses. You won’t get any of this back.
6. Competing requires you to be selfish and focused on yourself. Right now if you’re getting angry at any of the above 5 comments it’s probably hit a nerve and perhaps some home truths are in there.
7. If any of the above 6 aren’t you, well done as you are in a VERY small minority.