1. Moments of clarity come about when you least expect them. Get in a habit of using the note functions on your mobiles or PDAs. Carry a notebook with you when you can or write things down on whatever the hell you can. When your mind is busy there are so many things that distract you. One thing I regret is not writing ideas down sooner.
2. Go back to basics. Over complication of both nutrition and training is part of the grander issue we have as coaches and trainees. People are looking for peaks all the time. The cold hard fact is nutrition and training protocols will peak quick and have a solid impact. They will then slowly start to have diminishing yet continuing returns. Those returns are profit and much like in business you don’t bounce from one idea to the next hoping it will always have the same appeal. Change is a necessity but as is adaptation. Give it time before changing something just for the sake of it.
3. Pay less attention to your popularity and more to your content. No one really gives a crap about how many people follow you. Only sheep follow herds. The people who have real interest get drawn by content that catches their eye, made sense to them or they just generally like your stuff. Don’t be a trend! Create longevity.
4. Writing and public speaking is a skill that needs practice. Know your content by learning about it. Making sense of it and being confident about it. The rest is easy it’s just practice.
5. Assess your direction of energy. For those of you who are Star Wars fans. The emperor wasn’t that wrong. Anger leads to the dark side. In business and life stop worrying about what other people are doing and creating some enormous chip on your shoulder about them. Most people out there genuinely care are are trying to just do their thing and help. This should be applauded when it’s based on passion, not greed.
The same people trying to bring you down are the same people judging the overweight people in the gym, same people who feel entitled or never understood ethics around any single facet of life. If your goal in life is to bring people down not pick them up you’re an a**hole, sorry, truth hurts.