For all you struggling Personal Trainers…..
Know who your customer is. Such a critical element to any business. You need to know who you’re talking to.
What motivates them.
What their needs are.
What vocabulary they respond to.
What do they relate too.
What are their fears.
All of this influences the way you talk to them on the gym floor, in your emails and in your marketing to them. All critical elements of speaking to, acquiring, keeping and getting results with people.
Know how much money you have to acquire a new customer. This means knowing what’s coming in and going out. A clear understanding of that gives you the confidence to invest money into your business.
You remove a fear and a conflict.
The fear of not knowing and the worry of spending too much. Not being able to live the lifestyle you want to live.
I would speculate in my experience there are less than 10% of all personal trainers spending money on audience or customer acquisition. If my speculations are pretty close the other 90% are earning money with the sole intent of ‘spending’ for short term, short lived gratification. Not investing for long term, ongoing gratification.
We operate a service orientated business. This means what we charge now and in the future will be largely dictated by that level and quality of service.
Work long unsustainable hours and you impact that level of service. Short term you earn more based on hours worked but never attain the level of service to justify an increase in fees.
Also you fail to have time to invest time OR money into your business growth (see point two) so fail on both fronts.
If you wish to live an illusion of a great quality of life or actually LIVE it is something even just those three points will address.