Preying on that desperation is underhanded and largely the epitome of what is wrong with our industry.
This isn’t exclusive to the clients we deal with desperate to change their lives around but also the coaches. The coaches that are desperate to be able to pay their bills and make a living from helping people. Wanting to help people and having to give up on that dream is something I hope I’m helping coaches figure out.
The stuff directed towards our customers and the people we serve are the sort of things we could state ‘do people actually believe this stuff?’
Having read the comments to these threads for years people DO believe a lot of it as we are meant to be the voice of professionals. Sadly that isn’t always the case.
So for you all, here are a few home truths:
1. There is no tablet or pill or exercise that can cause fat loss. Fat loss is brought about by a caloric deficit (diet). The absence of that irrespective of what you take or do will negate fat loss. Going on extreme caloric restriction is unsustainable and detrimental long term. Don’t want to get into the ins and outs but my question to you is: Do you know anyone that has ever sustained an extreme ‘diet’?
2. There are NO foods that consumption of will make a significant impact on your testosterone or estrogen levels. No foods will detox the body or any such voodoo.
Food supports all these systems to some degree but your internal organs do the rest of it. A decade of eating crap will not be sorted with a week of consuming anything. You cannot make the body detox itself faster than it does. Period. Stop wasting your money. Eat better quality food, same outcome. Sustainable.
3. If a male gains 5kg of muscular weight in a YEAR they are doing very well. Yes this may vary massively but unless you’re in the genetically gifted or it’s not your very first year of lifting it’s undoubtedly gonna be much more. People speculating kgs of muscular mass and kgs of fat loss in weeks are lying or mislead with what the differentials are.
4. Unless you’re using DEXA scanning or underwater weighing STOP speculating body fat percentages. As coaches it for the most part makes people look like idiots. People stepping on stage saying their coach said they’re 3% body fat yet they look closer to 13….I see this a LOT! Also stage ready is stage ready.
5. If as a coach you want to express an opinion state it’s your opinion or I would hope it would be preceded with ‘in my experience’. Now to state ‘in my experience’ a year of training 10-15 clients a week doesn’t really warrant experience now does it.
6. Don’t make up words, biological processes, physiological terms. You sound like Ron Burgundy talking about anatomy. You don’t want to be the Ron burgundy of the fitness industry.
7. Insulin is hormone that stores fuel (amongst other things) . Don’t blame fat gain on the insulin fairies. It’s doing its job. You’re just consuming too many calories or not training hard enough (given your intake).